Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sound of Silence

Please, sweet baby jesus, don't ever let me go deaf. Been without my hearing aid for a couple of days now and every time I go without it I get depressed. I can't hear shit and get terrible headaches from constantly have all sound input be muddled which tends to throw my brain for a loop.

Never really realized how dependent I am on this tiny piece of machinery.

I've also been noticing for quite a few months now that my speech has been getting pretty sloppy. It's pretty frustrating when talking to people I don't know and I think I'm talking clearly but they can't even understand me. The worst is when I give my name for orders at places and people can't even understand that. I apparently can't even pronounce my own name. Well, I contacted my DRC counselor to inquire about some speech therapy. Was just informed that it'd be $200 for the first meeting (evaluation) and then $33 an hour after that. Shit, so much for that.


1 comment:

  1. I got 22$ i can chip in to help, i got your back babe.

    ReplyDelete